AHPS Catering - School Meals
We are proud to be able to offer our own 'in house catering service' for our children at Allesley Hall Primary School.
Our meals are all freshly cooked in our school kitchen and ingredients are locally sourced. Our menus reflect seasonal variations in produce, ensuring our children get the very best quality of food available. Penny, our Catering Manager creates nutritious, tasty meals for our children each and every day.
There are three food choices available to children each day. This includes a vegetarian option.
Alternatives are always available such as fruit, salad, yoghurt, rice and pasta.
Our current menu is outlined below.
Specific Dietary Requirements
We constantly seek to review and improve our menu. We will support children with specific dietary requirements such as dairy intolerances, sensory needs and coeliacs disease. We do not make adaptations for 'likes and dislikes' we proactively encourage our children to try new and different foods to widen their palette and enjoy a healthy balanced diet. We will not force children to eat certain foods and if we are concerned about the amount of food a child is eating we will discuss this further in partnership with parents.
The link below will give an overview of all of the known allergens linked to our current meals.
Allergens Overview for AH Catering
Cost of Meals at AHPS
Children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 are all entitled to school meals as part of the universal infant free school meals initiative. When children start year 3 they pay for their meals. The current cost of school dinners is £2.40 per day / £12 per week. However, your child may be entitled to continue with free school meals if you are in receipt of the following:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
Claiming Free School Meals
If you think you may be entitled to free school meals please apply online via the Coventry City Council website. Every successful application brings £1300 funds to school. You can click here for the link